360° HIGH DENSITY POLYISOCYANURATE I-SHIELDS
INSULATION COMPONENTS 360° High Density Polyisocyanurate I-Shields are 360°
thermal hanger shields designed to meet a broad range of pipe support applications on low
temperature lines. They provide a continuous section of insulation and vapor barrier through
a wide variety of pipe hangers for pipe systems operating between -297°F and 225°F. The
insulation and vapor barrier extend beyond the galvanized steel I-Shield for a neat, vapor-tight
joint with the adjoining insulation. IC High Density Polyisocyanurate Saddles are suitable for
use in any type of clamp as well as in band-type hangers. High-density Polyisocyanurate inserts
ensure proper support. Cost effective designs meet the requirements of either pipe or tube systems.
MATERIALS / CONSTRUCTION
- 360° High Density Polyisocyanurate, either 80 PSI (Flame Spread -15-, Smoke Developed -360-, Thermal Conductivity ("k") .19 @ 75° F mean) or 140 PSI (Flame -15-, Smoke -550-, Thermal Conductivity ("k") .20 @ 75° F mean) meeting ASTM D-1621, D-1622, D-1623, C-203, C-518, E-96 and E-84.
- 360° Non-reactive vapor barrier jacket meeting ASTM D-774, D-828 and E-84, Flame -5-, Smoke-5-.
- Adhesive complying with NFPA 90-A and ASTM E-84, Flame -10-, Smoke -0-.
- Galvanized steel shield, small check per ASTM A-527.
- All units are Asbestos-free and are 100% made and assembled in the U.S.A.
ENGINEERING GUIDE SPECIFICATION
WHEREVER PIPE INSULATION PASSES THROUGH A HANGER LOCATION, THE IC 360° POLYISOCYANURATE THERMAL I-SHIELD SHALL BE INSTALLED. ALSO EACH THERMAL I-SHIELD SHALL BE MARKED BY THE O.D. OF THE PIPE INSULATION.