MSS Series iShields
An IC MSS Series iShield is a 180 degree rounded piece of galvanized coated
steel used to protect piping insulation from compressing at pipe hanger
locations. These iShields resist crushing the insulation at the point of support
when the insulation has more than 5% deformation at 30 psi. These specifically
designed iShields are conformed with Federal Specification WW-H-171
(Type 41), Manufacturers Standardization Society ANSI/MSS-SP-58 (Type 40);
install in accordance with ANSI/MSS-SP-69. It is suggested that wood or fiberglass iBlocks be
used along with the iShield to guarantee the proper support. (See the IC Wood or Fiberglass iBlock Product Data Sheets)
- Galvanized Finish - for superior rust proof protection
- Manufactured in 18-gauge through 12-gauge thickness to meet every ANSI/ MSS application.
- Each iShield is marked with its outside diameter measurement. Along with IC charts, this guarantees that the proper size iShield is used
- Individually Inspected - For superior quality control
- Heavy Duty Packaging with clear labeling - improved, stronger packaging with label providing detailed information on diameter, gauge, length, and pieces per carton.
IC MSS Series iShield Sizing Chart
IC MSS Series iShields are ordered to conform to the sizing requirements of MSS SP-58 shown below.
This table is based upon insulation compressive strength of 15 P.S.I. in clevis hangers. Higher compressive strength insulation can result in shorter iShield lengths. Consult Insulation Components with your project specification.